The Dragon is an Epic vehicle in Crash of Cars.
At its temperature even metal begins to ignite and melt.
Dragon, as its name implies, is a CNY festive float that resembles its namesake mythical creature. It is mostly colored in red, except for its scales and mouth, which are colored gold. Its fangs and horns are white. It is split into various sections, implied by the discontinuity of its skin, resulting in an articulated vehicle.
Dragon's Flamethrower is re-named as Dragon's Breath, with three times the frontal AOE than the original power-up. This bonus is only applied when the flamethrower is attached to the dragon.
It will also always obtain the flamethrower as the first power-up after spawn.
Despite being a heavy 6-health vehicle, the Dragon excels at chasing other players aggressively, as it can keep up with most of players with its decent top speed. Combined with large flamethrower, this makes it one of the most feared enemies for anyone who had low health and trying to escape. As flamethrowers are already hard to escape from, Dragon cripples any chances of escaping with a much larger area of effect.
Defensively, however, the Dragon performs poorly. as its rather large size and bad handling makes it vulnerable to most forms of harm. The Fire Truck is also a great threat due to it's ability to remove the flamethrower. This problem is even worse in Water Park where the faucets can easily extinguish the power-up, rendering it useless.
If one wants to maximize Dragon's potential, try to adjust the Flamethrower's modifiers. Duration and damage buffs are excellent additions, but directional ones will do little good.
- Dragon is based on a Chinese dragon float appearing in festivals.
- The ability alludes to the fact that some mythical Chinese Dragons and the floats imitating them both spew flames.
- However, the flames do not come from the dragon's mouth.
- When the Dragon uses a flamethrower or destroys a vehicle, a low-pitched roar can be heard.
- It is the only vehicle that has a unique flamethrower activation audio.
- The Dragon is the first articulated vehicle in-game.
- The Dragon is one of the few vehicles that has an idle animation. It will move in a bent line like how a snake crawls, which does not occur in-game, similar to Battering Ram.
- When equipping a rear-mounted power-up, such as oil, or a center-mounted one, such as landmine, the gadgets will appear only on the Dragon's head, suggesting that only the head has full properties of a vehicle. This is same for Coaster.
- Strangely, despite all this, it receives no effect from oil when dropped, which would have caused friendly fire as a result. This can be explained by how Oil does not cause friendly fire 1 second after deployment.
- It also takes damage when other parts are hit.
Changes in Updates
- The Dragon was introduced in the Fortune Harbor Update.
- After the 1.20 patch, Dragon's health has been increased from 5 to 6, and its frontal flamethrower AOE has been increased.