The Galaxy is Legendary vehicle in Crash of Cars.
Detesting velocity is one thing while countering it would be 2.
When enemy vehicles are too close, Galaxy releases a drone which fires beams at up to 2 targets. The beams reduces the target's top speed severely. The penalty is similar to carrying a Football in Crash Ball. If the target is out of range, the effect ends.
The drone can be active for 5 seconds, after which a 10 second cool down period would be enforced before it can be used again.
The Galaxy has great top speed and handling and can compete with fast vehicles. Its low mass, however, renders it vulnerable to knock-back effects and its large profile will easily attract enemy fire.
As the penalty restricts enemy velocity, it is most effective versus faster vehicles as it removes their only advantage, allowing Galaxy to quickly catch up and overwhelm them. Its high stats can also be used to easily decimate slower vehicles, though it would be unwise to use the ability on them, as decreasing their velocity doesn't affect them as much.
Overall, Galaxy is a good vehicle to use in many situations.
- The Galaxy is possibly based on two vehicles:
- Its ability might be a reference to the tractor beam from the Star Wars franchise. It was a projected force field that manipulated gravitational forces to push or pull objects.
- The sound effect when the drone returns to the ship after its ability expires is simillar to the one heard when the UFO gets its tires back in Lounge.
Bugs and Glitches
- The Galaxy cannot use Spikes when it slows down a vehicle, as the power-up cannot damage anything upon contact. The launching ability of spikes works normally. This is fixed in a patch for the 2020 Frozen Vale Update.
Changes in Updates
- Galaxy was added in the 2020 Frozen Vale Update.
- It also appeared on the update's loading screen along with Festive Sleigh.
- After the Skygarden Update, Galaxy can be obtained from Prize Machines.