The Hovercraft is an Epic vehicle in Crash of Cars.
Utility at the cost of performance. Quite of a bargain.
The Hovercraft has the ability to drive on water for a maximum of 8 seconds before it sinks.
There is a bar below the vehicle that will appears whenever it enters water and represents how long the cushion will last on water and slowly recharges when the vehicle is on land. The recharge rate is static and the time it takes to refill is identical to how long it has cruised on water.
The cushion makes Hovercraft very useful on maps with lots of water surfaces, in which it can transverse around more quickly than other cars, and can make a quick escape. Vehicles floating in the water are also much harder to hit with traditional power-ups and immune to melee approaches
However, in exchange for this ability, the Hovercraft's stats are generally weaker than most average vehicles. The handling and the acceleration are the biggest threats to this vehicle alone, as it is extremely hard to avoid oncoming attacks. It solely relies on it's perk to survive and has no appealing traits outside of maps with water areas. Additionally, enemies may attempt to block off escape routes - Players unaware of this fact may easily cause their own downfall when using this vehicle.
- Prior to the Castle Update, Hovercraft only floats for 5 seconds on water, and the inflatable cushion instantly recharges to full when it touches land again.
- This vehicle is added in the Jungle Update.
- Real-life hovercrafts can last a lot longer than 8 seconds and can even sustain distanced seafaring.
- This vehicle is required to obtain the hidden vehicle of the Jungle Map, the Totem.
- The Recharge Bar is added in the Hollows Update.
- If map boundaries were only water and the player sails through for some distance, they will hear a muffled boom as it explodes without any explosion before the game ends the current round and starts to estimate the crowns. The same is applied to the Helicopter, Plane, Bomber Plane, and Speedboat.
Changes in Updates
- The Hovercraft was introduced in the game's Global Launch.