The Inferno is Fusion vehicle in Crash of Cars.
When there's no more room in Hell, the fire scorches the earth.
After coming into contact with certain objects, Inferno will activate a frontal flamethrower. (A tree fills 1/7, and an oil puddle fills 1/2) The flamethrower is in essence identical to the power-up version without modifiers but without the drop ability. Aesthetic flames emerge from the side exhausts as well as the exposed intakes will rumble. The bulb in the rear fills up when fuel is collected (ones collected during attacking sequence does not count) and will active once it reaches full.
Eligible fuel sources include:
- Trees (1/7 each)
- Oil puddles (1/2 each).
- Vehicle is not immune to oil's paralysis effects.
- Projectiles from Cannon variants (TBA)
- Explosive barrels in the map (TBA)
- Landmines (TBA)
Inferno is arguable one of the worst fusion vehicles in the entire game due to its poor overall stats and wide profile. While the flamethrower is theoretically an effective weapon due to its somewhat significant DPS, it is extremely weak compared to most power-ups, not to mention its lack of compatibility with modifiers & the ability to trigger it at will. The process of collecting fuel also makes it exceptionally vulnerable.
While using its flamethrower, beware of the Fire Truck, as they can take extinguish the blaze, rendering the ability useless.
- The Inferno's design is inspired by the Gigahorse in Mad Max: Fury Road, which also has a mounted flamethrower.
- However, the in-game design of the Inferno is significantly different than its real life counterpart. Instead of using two 1959 Cadillac Devilles as its hull, the Inferno's hull is a combination of two vehicles - The 1934 Ford Model B (also known as model 40B, which partially explains the inclusion of the Hot Rod), and 1974 XB Ford Falcon coupe.
- Unlike using Flamethrower, Inferno's ability does not highlight water fountains in Water Park, as it is immune to them. This, however, does not explain its vulnerability to the Fire Truck.
Bugs and Glitches
- When Fire Truck extinguishes its integrated flamethrower multiple times in one game, the animation will not play accordingly, even though the Fire Truck's ability works normally.
Changes in Updates
- Inferno is introduced in the Hollows Update.