The Magic Carpet is Common vehicle in Crash of Cars.
A blessing on paper, and perhaps a curse in practice?
A player must have knowledge of the location of the arrows scattered on 8 different maps for entering the portals, they are in order of release:
- Fortune Harbor (Northeast)
- Jungle (Northeast)
- Waterpark (Southwest)
- Castle (Southeast)
- Stadium (Northwest)
- Facility (Northwest)
- Volcano (Northwest)
- Atlantis (Southwest, even though it points to Southeast)
- Go to Skygarden in any mode and do the above arrow combinations in order immediately.
- A carpet will appear at the center of the map and try to bump into it. The cut-scene then triggers.
The camera focuses on the carpet coming out of the hole and continue to focus until it stops at the spot where the castle is visible. A sparkle chime then plays at the end.
It has an appearance of a typical carpet with four tassels on the side. The top of the Magic Carpet has patterns with shade of red, blue and yellow, and slightly resembles the Skygarden map, where it was found. Two NotDoppler insignias can be seen on the pattern. The bottom is nothing special, only a plain red background.
When driving, it produces sparks behind it and it will stop producing while the vehicle is not moving.
- The Magic Carpet is based on the one seen in 1992 animated movie Aladdin, having the same color scheme as the COC one.
- At 87 days, the Magic Carpet is the most elusive hidden vehicle, beating Phantom's 14-day record.
- The silhouette of the hidden car is different from other cars, likely to keep the surprise that it is the carpet seen in Skygarden.
- The Magic Carpet prop is bigger than the actual car.
Bugs and Glitches
- Due to an unknown bug, after unlocking the Magic Carpet, if the player repeats the process of unlocking said car, it will upgrade the Magic Carpet if not been maxed out and if it is fully upgraded, the player will get 1 gem. This potentially allows the player to obtain infinite gems and can be sped up slightly if a fast vehicle is used.
- Despite being a floating vehicle, the Magic Carpet still produces engine sounds while running and rubber friction sounds when turning.
- Both of the bugs above are fixed in the 2021 Hollows Update.
Changes in Updates
- Magic Carpet was introduced in the Skygarden Update.