The Mechamorph is Legendary vehicle in Crash of Cars.
It is never what it seems to be. There's more than meets the eye.
When enough crowns are collected, Mechamorph enters rage mode for 12 seconds. In this form, it will gain invincibility, a significant bonus to top speed, and a penalty to both handling and acceleration. It also knocks back any vehicle too close to it, similar to the War Machine.
A white bar below shows the crown requirement progress for rage mode. The Mechamorph requires 5 crowns initially and after each rage period, the crown requirement will increase by 5, causing the bar to scale as well.
Crowns collected during rage will only count if they do not exceed the requirement for the ability to activate. Otherwise, these crowns do not contribute to it.
Without its ability, Mechamorph is a slow car with outstanding handling. This makes it generally suitable for picking off opponents one by one to collect a crowns for its ability. In modes where it cannot transform, however, it should not be used in the first place.
Due to the fact that subsequent transformations require more crowns, this can made it a tough task in late game. In the rage form, the Mechamorph's handling is weakened and much skill is required for maximum efficiency. However, the punching ability, along with the invincibility turns it into a speedy War Machine for a limited duration. The ability is not capable of great damage, and thus, it greatly depends on external factors to harass its targets.
- The Mechamorph's concept is a reference to the media franchise Transformers. Specifically it refers to the autobots and decepticons' ability to mechanically disguise themselves as an existing vehicle.
- While the Mechamorph is loosely based on the 1976 Chevrolet Camaro, which was one of Bumblebee's signature forms, the in-game car model is based on the third generation Chevy Nova.
- The Mechamorph's beta name was Transformable, as stated in an NotDoppler's official Facebook post. That was yet another reference to Transformers.
- Before the Atlantis update, NotDoppler opened the poll for players to voting which abilities will be applied to the next cars, the Mechamorph (with transforming ability) won against the Shadow (with its anti-shield ability) by 76%.
- At that time, both were not known by their actual names but rather by their concepts.
- Its punching sounds were reused from the War Machine's melee attack audio.
Changes in Updates
- The Mechamorph was introduced in the Atlantis Update as an Upcoming Vehicle.
- After the Golf Course Update, Mechamorph was nerfed:
- Its regular top speed has been reduced slightly.
- Rage mode duration lasts for 12 seconds instead of 15.
- After the Dungeon Update, Mechamorph can be obtained from Car Machines.