The RC Van is an Epic vehicle in Crash of Cars.
Just when you thought it was over, it goes down with another blast.
When the RC Van is destroyed, it deploys a small RC Car. It can pick up crowns and health, but will not regain health. Unused power-ups will vanish. The timer starts counting down as soon as RC Van is destroyed, although the RC Car takes a brief second to land before it can move, and it may take damage from enemies when this occurs.
When triggered, there is a 0.5 second delay before it explodes, during which the area of effect is briefly indicated by a circle that flashes as the RC Car explodes. Only after that would crowns be dropped from the RC Car.
- 8-second timer is up.
- It takes damage.
- It collides with another vehicle.
- The user self-destructs.
- The explosive AOE is similar to Trebuchet without size modifiers.
- Does 2.5 damage to all applicable targets.
- It doesn't damage the Minesweeper.
RC Van's stats are generally below average. Most other vehicles can easily catch up to it. While it has sufficient agility for avoiding threats, its low mass may result in disruptive setbacks.
The RC Car opens up an entirely different strategy for gameplay as a last-ditch suicide attack. Its range, while small, is predictable and quite significant compared to other vehicles' abilities. While fragile, it has high mobility and can be extremely devastating due to the high damage value. Its nature makes it most effective against targets already low on health, disabled vehicles, or a group of foes, all of which either cannot afford to take the hit, will be readily within range, or both.
- The RC Van is based on second generation Dodge Ram "Sportsman" van. The RC Car, however, doesn't resemble any toy in particular.
- Its ability may a possible homage to the RC Truck, a vehicle from the video game Payback 2. Both vehicles possess visible wireless communication devices, share the same model archetype, and have abilities closely tied to the deployment of an explosive RC Car.
- The RC Car's Bomb closely resembles Homing Missile's projectile sprite. It appears to be attached by white tape.
- RC Van is the only vehicle in the entire game that will transform when destroyed. Prior to that, there are only vehicles which transform when damaged.
- A kill obtained with the explosive RC Car is registered as a valid kill in the game's kill feed (Thus causing it to be displayed publicly), as well as to it's Quest and other applicable daily missions.
- If any skin that renders the vehicle transparent is applied to the RC Van, it is possible to see the RC Console stored within. It is never seen anywhere else aside from the Hollows Update's loading screen.
- This implies that at one point during development, the console is supposedly visible and its ability worked out differently.
Bugs and Glitches
- This vehicle is bugged outside of crown mode in that destroying the RC Van or its RC Car will not cause the game to register the kill.
Changes in Updates
- The RC Van was introduced in the Hollows Update as an Upcoming Vehicle.
- After the Atlantis Update, RC Van can be obtained in Prize Machines.