The Rumbler is an Epic vehicle in Crash of Cars.
Razes the field beyond comprehension & recognition. No doubt on that.
The Rumbler's boost power-ups are replaced by its unique variant, aptly named the "Super Boost", with significant differences compared to the normal Boost.
While not mentioned, the first power-up picked up after spawn is always the super boost.
The ability cannot be used in Blitz Mode as Super Boost never appears.
Rumbler is not a formidable vehicle on its own, as its stats, while generally above average and acceptable for being an Epic Vehicle, is somewhat unsatisfactory, as it is still unable to outrun opponents with ease. Players may find it almost impossible for this vehicle to quickly respond against attackers under normal circumstances, as its handling is generally worse than expected.
However, Super Boost neutralizes Rumbler's disadvantages. Although handling is greatly penalized and the vehicle itself becomes uncontrollable, thus increasing the difficulty of collecting crowns, the doom it unleashes upon other vehicles will have equally extreme impact. Super Boost's damage is quite significant to all vehicles, hitting for 2+ damage each time it connects. With the opponents being already in melee range, rapid hits can occur and potentially destroy the opponent instantly. Even if not, it will disorient the opponent, and likely push them into other threats such as water zones, Landmines, Explosive Barrels, or even another vehicle that's lucky enough not to be caught in the frenzy. The extended invincibility is a nice addition, which makes almost all types of resistance completely futile.
Pay extra attention to the nearby vehicles. There could be easy prey, or the Shadow lurking around to ruin all the fun.
- Rumbler was based on the 2005 depiction of the Batmobile featured in Batman: The Dark Knight.
- Said variant is named "Tumbler", which is referenced by the in game name.
- Its increased weight is also a reference to the common depiction of the Batmobile as a heavy supercar.
- Its special ability is a reference to how the Batmobile often features boosters to greatly enhance its velocity.
- The Rumbler with super boost has the highest top speed of all vehicles in-game.
- On Castle Update's loading screen, Rumbler has a Flamethrower with the Rear Flame modifier, which is not possible in-game.
Bugs and Glitches
- Sometimes, its ability will not activate, which means that picked-up boost power-ups will look like a normal boost power-up, and will perform as one.
- Terminating the super boost may cause it to drop a bomb like the Trebuchet with no area modifiers and 0 damage.
- These glitches are rare and have been patched in unknown updates and has been patched.
- The description is misleading, as Super Boost has a duration of 7 seconds by default.
Changes in Updates
- The Rumbler was introduced in the Castle Update as an Upcoming Vehicle.
- It also appeared on the update's loading screen along with War Car.
- After the Mine Update, Rumbler can be obtained from Prize Machines.
- After the 2017 Mansion Update, Rumbler's Super Boost duration was increased from 4 seconds to 7 seconds.
- Rumbler was featured in the game icon in 1.1.88 patch, replacing the Spinner until 1.2.0 patch, where it was replaced by the Gyrosphere.