The Sparkie is an Epic vehicle in Crash of Cars.
The blood of the industry lights up its fire as they boil under its frenzy.
Sparkie appears to be a navy blue, circular vehicle. It has four extendable legs attached by metallic screws and white joints, as well as another extendable arm. Each comes with a wheel right at the tip, and the legs themselves rotate when the vehicle turns. Its light is a single, unique shape with an outline around it. The top appears to be a huge hatch fastened by four bolts. A single metal protrusion on the top bends forwards and constantly emits sparks. When in fireball form, its legs contract, and the vehicle rolls forwards while covered in flames, dragging a smoke trail behind. When the ability ends, Sparkie rights itself up and its legs extend again.
Sparkie is immune to negative oil effects from Oil. Upon hitting one, it enters its fireball form for five seconds, decreasing its hit box and preventing it from taking damage. Top speed and acceleration are greatly enhanced, but handling is impaired. This ability's duration can be extended by 1 second for each extra puddle while the ability is active. The size of the puddle has no effect on the ability.
Sparkie also has 100% of getting Oil as the first Pick-Up item.
This ability does not function in Blitz Mode.
In it's normal form, Sparkie's top speed is lacking and it's large hit-box makes it vulnerable. The handling somewhat compensates for this. This allows Sparkie to change directions very quickly, making it an effective offensive vehicle. However, without transforming into a fireball or obtaining offensive power-ups, the low top speed effectively prevents it from direct combat, as most fast vehicles can easily catch up to it, and its large hit-box does not help either.
One notable aspect is that Sparkie is a direct counter to Oiler, as when Oiler drops oil, Sparkie will burst into flames and quickly destroy it. One can use this in Team deathmatches with allied oilers providing support.
- The Sparkie's design is most likely based on the Omnidroid from animated film, The Incredibles.
- Sparkie's sprite actually spins when the ability is in play, as the mounted power-up rotates with the vehicle. This effectively disrupts the use of certain power-ups, such as Cannon.
- Sparkie's flames cannot be extinguished by Fire Truck, even though it can extinguish the Flamethrower, despite both being powered by liquid fuel.
- Sparkie's electric sparks are parts of its idle animation.
- Sparkie lacks a white bar that would have been the indicator for the ability's timer.
- Despite the lack of Oil in Skirmish Mode, Sparkie still gets to receive Oil as the first power-up.
Changes in Updates
- The Sparkie was introduced in the Volcano Update as an Upcoming Vehicle.
- After the Golf Course Update, Sparkie can be obtained from Car Machines.