The Sphinx is Common vehicle in Crash of Cars.
Answer all questions or be doomed for eternity.
At least two players are required and both must be on the same team, thus online play is recommended. No specific cars are necessary.
- Go to Desert in Capture the Flag mode or make a Captute the Flag Private Match located in the aforementioned map. Once a match starts, at least two players from the same team must stand on both flag bases (one each) a for few seconds. Once this step is completed, a special chime will play.
- A fracture will form on wall near the waterfall at the right edge of the map by the lake. Shatter it with the Cannon/Spread Cannon, then drive into the waterfall. The cut-scene then triggers for all allies.
The camera focuses on the waterfall before going beyond, advancing rapidly within the brick chamber concealed by the flowing water. The brick walls extend until near the gates where natural rocks take their place. The stone gate opens, revealing the Sphinx on a stand, some vegetation, a few pots, brick walls underlying the rocks, a second waterfall from the map's Sphinx and a moat right beneath the flow.
As the name implies, Sphinx resembles a yellow statue of the eponymous mythical figure, supported by 4 wheels. Beams of light are streaming from its eyes.
The Sphinx can be viewed as a common rarity alternative to the Drinks Car, the difference being the former having more weight, slightly slower speed and slightly bigger profile. While not as fast or agile as Mine cart and Totem, its decent stats still gives it some options. Overall, it is a better Mummy at the cost of health.
- Sphinx is designed after the Great Sphinx of Giza located in Giza, Egypt.
- The vehicle's model was reused from the beta version of Mummy, which was then slated to be the Hidden Car Desert until the design was scrapped and replaced with a sarcophagus.
- This makes it the first confirmed non-fusion example of a scrapped vehicle returning to the game as a usable vehicle.
- It is the first hidden vehicle obtainable only within a specific mode.
- It is the only hidden vehicle that can be claimed by multiple users simultaneously.
Changes in Updates
- Sphinx was introduced in the Capture the Flag Update.