The Supernova is an Epic vehicle in Crash of Cars.
It floats like a butterfly, and will sting like a bee, if given the chance.
The Supernova, upon entering a Black Hole, spawns another one some distance relative to the direction the player was facing, and teleports the player there. The spawned black hole has a shorter duration and otherwise works normally.
It is not possible to re-use black holes spawned by Supernova.
The Supernova has decent speed and acceleration, making it a great choice for hit-n-run strategies. However it's rather bad handling hampers it on this aspect. A passive-aggressive style is recommended, as it cannot handle intense fights on it's own.
The ability is a nice addition, allowing Black Holes to function similar to Teleport, allowing quick travel and giving it more utility.
It is a good idea to enter fights with a black hole so if the situation is undesirable, you can easily escape and leave your foes stuck in the black hole. Furthermore, it will not be trapped by enemy black holes. You can activate a black hole near a horde of players and group them while you enter the area, preventing them from catching up easily.
- The design of Supernova resembles a bee, albeit purely consisting of mechanical parts instead.
- Supernova has an idle animation where various parts of it's body will move around and vibrate.
- When its ability triggers, sound effects from Teleport can be heard.
- A Supernova is the final stage of life specific to very large stars. Supernovas are known to collapse into Black Holes when they die.
- Wormholes, while not very relevant with black holes, are portals that resembles them but allows travel. The exact specifications of such celestial bodies are unknown.
- Supernova's futuristic hovering audio was reused from Concept.
- Despite being a hovering vehicle it still produces tire screeching sounds.
Bugs and glitches
- If supernova used teleport at the same time it was in its wormhole it would end up falling out of bounds.
- When it uses a power-up in its wormhole the actual thing will be invincible.
Changes in Updates
- Supernova was introduced in the Sweetfields Update as an Upcoming Vehicle.
- After the 2020 Frozen vale Update, Supernova can be obtained from Car Machines.